• Waxing – Wax at least 2 days prior to spray tanning. Wax residue will block tanner absorption.
• Exfoliate – Shower and exfoliate right before spray tanning. Removing any dead skin cells and body oils will help the tanning solution penetrate your skin evenly, giving you the best results.
• Lotions & Deodorant – Do not use deodorant, lotions, moisturizers, or makeup prior to the tanning session; these can act as a barrier and prevent the tanning solution from fully absorbing into the skin.
• What to Wear – When coming to the session, please wear loose-fitting, dark-colored clothing, and shoes such as flip flops or something that you can easily slip into. Tight clothing or shoes could potentially rub the tan and cause strange lines to develop. During the actual spray tan, you may wear the garment of your choice (underwear, thong, bathing suit, etc.) or ladies may be sprayed nude. Men are required to wear underwear, boxer shorts, or a bathing suit.
• Dark Spots – If you have any dark spots or blemishes that you are worried about getting darker or discolored during tanning, bring them to the attention of your tanning technician prior to spraying. A barrier cream can be applied if necessary.
Immediately After Tanning
• Water – Avoid all contact with water for at least 4 hours (washing hands, brushing teeth, doing dishes, etc.). Water will stop the tan from developing and will cause streaking or strange marks.
• Sweating/ Exercising – Do not sweat or exercise until after showering. If you can wait until the second day of your tan that is preferable, just to assure the solution has time to fully absorb into the skin. Sweating while the solution in on your skin could cause the cosmetic bronzer and solution to run and streak, which will in-turn cause your tan to develop with a streaky look.
• Moisturizer – Do not apply moisturizer or deodorant to your skin until after you have showered and washed off the tanning solution.
• Cosmetic Bronzer – After spraying, the cosmetic bronzer may rub off onto clothes, sheets, etc., but it will completely wash out in the laundry… so please do not panic!
Maintain & Prolong your tan
• Showering – Wait at least 8 hours before showering; preferably next day if you are tanning in the evening. You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal and is just the cosmetic bronzer in the solution (the bronzer is just used as a guide during the actual spray tanning process).
• Lotion – Apply moisturizer after the shower and every day after your tanning session. This will help prolong your tan
• Avoid Prolonged Bathing – Try to avoid long hot baths or showers.